|On The Road|
On The Road
This is not an everyday carry post. It looks a bit like it, but it's more a travelday carry post. TDC?
I'll be on the road in the old country and I hope to play with family and old friends.
- pouch with molle system on the back
- 3 × A3 battlemats with squares and squeezed hexes
- set of non-permanent markers
- set of pencil with small sharpener
- permanent marker (to flag the meeples)
- 2 × small notepads
- 4 × staple stitched homebrew rules
- 5 × blank character sheets
- Gallant & Bold Aventures and Frost Ogres
- 10 × numbered red meeples for the opposition
- meeples in various colours for the adventuring party or terrain features
- 3 × 30ft sticks (human walking distance for one round)
- 2 × 40ft sticks (other)
- dice (many d20 for combat and saves, and many d6 for char creation and skill checks)
- 2 × erasers (not in the picture)
The rules used are homebrewed, so I could fit them in staple stitched booklets and I printed enough so that each player will have her or his copy.
For the next iteration, I'll make landscape oriented character sheets, they'll thus match the A5 booklets.
I'm taking Frost Ogres and Adventures. Not sure I'll play the first one, as it's a campaign, but I'm planning to run "Du Rififi à Maupertuis" from Adventures, it seems it's a convenient one shot. The books are in A5 format as well, but not saddle stitched, I hope the binding will hold.
I still have a bit of light work adapting the monsters to my ruleset, but it's merely computing the saves and the attack bonuses.
What are/where do you get those measuring sticks from? They look nice and easy to use.
Hello, I designed and 3d printed them myself. I wrote Thirty Fourty Sticks about them last year.
If you have access to a 3d printer feel free to print them. Here are the files:
- 30ft stick (human "walking" stick, 30ft 9m 6sq t)
- 40ft stick (40ft 12m 8sq F)
- 50ft stick (50ft 15m 10sq V)
Thanks and best regards.